RSS

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

New Adoption: Simon!


Simon has been adopted by Gerry & Maureen Frank of Corvallis!  Welcome to your new home, Simon!

---------------------------------------------------------------



So, almost a year after the loss of Jake (our last grey), we adopted the Worlds Best Greyhound, Simon!  Or, as Barry calls him, "Just Simon." It seems Simon was never registered with the National Greyhound Association so he has no official racing name....he's just "Simon!"  He's 17 months young and Barry & his Greyhound Ambassadog Keith fostered him for 1 week.  In that short time, Keith taught Simon all he knows and Simon learned a LITTLE of it!   Simon then moved in with Maureen and me.  He's a fast learner and has already done two meet and greets here in Corvallis. He loves everyone.  

As I write this, it's Halloween night and Simon is helping me hand out the goodies while wearing his red light collar and his spider web neck tutu.  One of the first groups of Trick or Treaters that came to the door asked if I just got Simon and when I told her yes she asked if Simon was a GPA dog.  When I said yes she exclaimed "I KNOW SIMON. I helped out as a Vet Tech and took care of Simon."  He went right up to her and seemed to remember her as she rubbed his head. 

Simon still has much to learn but he's a joy every day!

Gerry & Maureen Frank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment